Signs of a Wildlife Infestation in Your Home
Sharing your home or business with wildlife can increase your exposure to diseases and illnesses, damage your property, and add a lot of stress to your life. To minimize the risk associated with a wildlife infestation, it is a good idea to become familiar with the signs of an infestation. That way you can bring in a team of professionals right away to take care of the problem.
Signs of a wildlife infestation include:
- Flickering or buzzing lights
- Fecal matter in or around your home or business
- Urine stains on your deck, ceilings, or floors
- Chewed up fruits or vegetables in your garden
- Chewed up wires, shingles, insulation, or wood
- Rustling sounds coming from below your deck or home or business
- Trash cans that have been knocked down and rummaged through
- Scampering, squeaking, or fluttering sounds coming from roof vents or the attic
Most often, wild animals do whatever it takes to avoid contact with humans, so you probably won’t ever see them. That makes properly identifying signs of an infestation very important. When you call on our wildlife control experts, we will carefully inspect your entire home or business, locate and identify the animals on your property, and explain your options to you. Rest assured, we will come up with the best possible solution to rid these animals from your property quickly and effectively.
How to Prevent a Wildlife Infestation
No one likes an unwelcome visitor. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to prevent wildlife from making your home or business their home or business.
Some of the best ways to prevent a wildlife infestation include:
- Keep your trashcans closed: Improperly covered trashcans are an open invitation to animals looking for food.
- Properly store food: Any leftovers should be stored in airtight containers instead of being left out. In addition, it is a good idea to ensure all spills and crumbs are cleared away before critters discover them.
- Keep your home or business clean: Areas of clutter, trash that has been sitting for too long, leaky pipes, and dirty pantries will send critters running to your home or business. Make sure you keep everything as clean and well taken care of as possible to avoid an infestation.
- Repair holes and cracks: Animals use small holes and cracks to make their way inside your home or business. It is a good idea to walk around your home or business and make sure everything is sealed properly (including your chimney).
- Schedule professional wildlife control: Bringing in a wildlife control expert is a great way to protect your property. They can inspect your property, identify entry points and areas that need to be improved, offer you professional advice, and help you guard your home or business.
Offering Sound Solutions to Even the Most Severe Problems
Wild animals making themselves at home or business on your property is no laughing matter. If you find your house is suffering from an infestation, Enviro-Tech Pest Services is here to help. Our wildlife control experts are all trained in Integrated Pest Management (IPM), which means we always offer sound solutions that involve minimal risk to the environment and people.
Since opening our doors in 1985, we have been incredibly passionate about doing our part to minimize our environmental impact while protecting as many homes and businesses from pests as possible. From using environmentally sensitive products to working towards obtaining a 100% hybrid and electric fleet, our team does whatever it takes to deliver exceptional service while keeping you safe.
To learn more about our eco-friendly processes, contact our team at (800) 836-3089. We look forward to serving you!